Island Peak Climbing
Trip Duration: 18 Days
Trip Grading: Strenuous Plus
Max Altitude: 6189 m.
Best Time: Oct - June
Trip Mode: Camping + Tea house trek
Cost: US$ 2490
Fixed Dates - October 4, 25 - November 12; March - 11; April 25; May 6, 12, 18
Supplier of services: ClimberCA International Consortium. About Us
https://t.me/ClimberCA - telegram
WhatsApp / Viber +7966 065-53-44
Note: ClimberCA offers to you the best service & the firm prices of all kind of services we offer on our web-pages. Some services, which we offer to you, are truly unexampled.
Island peak (6,189m/20,305ft) is one of the main climbing peaks of the Everest Area. The professionally designed Island peak climbing itinerary takes you to the acclimatization hike to the most popular trekking destination of Everest Base camp and Kala Pathar first for the close up views of Everest before scaling the peak. Your historical effort to summit the peak will be rewarded with probably one of the best panoramic views in the world as you feel Lhotse, Nuptse, Baruntse, Ama Dablam and Makalu are almost touching the tip of your nose.
Descending with a sense of achievement, our route takes us into many cultural sights; Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa village; Tangboche, famous for its ornately decorated Tibetan monastery and Khumjung with Hillary school inside the clouds and mysterious Yeti scalp.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu:
As soon as you disembark in Tribhuvan International Airport of Kathmandu, you will be received by our representative. About half an hour drive through the bustling streets of Kathmandu will convey you to the hotel. A brief explanation of the itinerary package will be followed by the welcome dinner which will be served in your honor.
Day 02: Flight to Lukla Trek to Phakding:
It takes 30 minutes of pleasant flight through the mountains to make it to Tenzing- Hilary Airport at Lukla which is enlisted as the most dangerous airport in the world considering the location, altitude and topography. Once we land at the airport, we will get engaged in the thrilling trekking whereby we will take walk for about 3hours to arrive at Phakding Village where we will be staying overnight.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m):
We will walk along the Dudh Kosi River and pass through Himalayan Pine and Deodar Cedar forests to make it to Namche Bazaar which is the hub of Everest Region. Namche Bazaar is the Trading Post in between Tibet and Nepal where salt, dried meat and other consumable and textile items are bartered. We will stay overnight in a guesthouse at Namche.
Day 04: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization:
Acclimatizing is a necessary step that helps in synchronizing your body movements with the high altitude of Namche. Experts recommend a gentle walk for proper acclimatization. So we will walk freely through the busy market area of Namche. If you feel like exploring more, we can arrange a brief visit to Local Village around Namche that offers views of Everest and Lhotse among many other mountains.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche (3,867m):
A walk of about 5 hours begins with the path that overlooks mountains and wildlife views. We will descend to Kayangjuma and move through Sansa to cross the bridge at Dudhkoshi River which will take us to Phuki Thena. Bit further from Phukui Thena is located Tengboche which holds the largest Monastery in entire Khumbu Region.
Day 06: Trek to Pheriche (4,371m):
Early in the morning, we will set out to observe the scenic views of Tobuche peak, Ama Dablam, Nuptse and other peaks. Later, we will walk past several pretty small settlements lined with chortens and Mani Walls to reach to Pangboche Village. To the north of Pangboche is located Pheriche which is a small Sherpa village with its diverse culture adjoining to Khumbu Glacier. We will stay overnight at Pheriche.
Day 07: Trek to Lobuche (4910m):
On 7th day, we will enter the Imja Valley. We will lower down to Lobuche River and choose the upward path to Dingboche. Proceeding further through the Khumbu Khola Valley, we will walk past Dusa to Phulung Karpo. The route offers the exotic views of majestic Pumori Mountain. We will cross the wooden bridge over the stream to Dugla and head to Chupki Lhara. Descending through the glacier, we will make it to Lobuche where we will enjoy the exotic views of Nuptse, Pumori, Khumbutse and several other mountains.
Day 08: Trek to Gorakshep (5164m):
We will begin our trek by following the rocky path. We will enjoy the pleasant views of the pool of Khumbu glacier and icebergs. Crossing Thangma Riju, we will pass through Changri Glacier to Gorak Shep Lake where we will be staying overnight. Everest Base Camp is located nearer to Gorakshep Lake..
Day 09: Trek to Dingboche (4,530m):
Early in the morning, we will begin our trek by walking back to Lobuche where we will take our first stop. From Lobuche, we will follow the rocky path to Dughla and later proceed further to Dingboche. We will stay overnight at Dingboche.
Day 10: Trek to Chhukhung:
The trek begins early in the morning. We will walk along the valley before following the raised path. About 2hours of walk will be enough to take us to Chhukung Valley which is located at 4730m altitude. It is the valley that exists near to the base of Island Peak. We will stay overnight at Chhukung.
Day 11: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (6189m):
After having breakfast, we will climb from the southern edge of the valley and head east. We will follow the rocky terrain and arrive to the cross route through Imja and Lhotse glacier moraines. The trail will take us to Island Peak Base Camp where we will stay overnight.
Day 12: Trek to High Camp:
We will hike further up to High Camp from the Island Peak Base Camp. It takes about 4hours of perilous ascent to take us to High camp of Island Peak. Once we reach to the high camp, we will begin the preparation for the next day to reach to the summit. We will stay overnight at the tented camp.
Day 13: Trek to Summit Back to Base Camp:
It is the day that we finally arrive to our ultimate destination. Once we conquer the summit, we will enjoy the gratifying views of Pumori(7161m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m), Lobuche (6145m), Cho Oyu (8201m) and then lower down to the Island Peak Base Camp where we will celebrate our victory and stay overnight in a camp.
Day 14: Trek to Khumjung:
After early breakfast, we will leave Island Peak and take a return trip to Khumjung Village. We will pass through the downward trail and pass the stream at few places over suspension bridge. Later we will arrive at Khumjung village where we will be staying overnight.
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m):
The next day, we will begin the downhill trek from Khumjung to Namche Bazaar (3440m). Namche is the beautiful place where you can enjoy the scenic beauty of nature. Enroute, we will visit the monasteries. We will stay overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 16: Trek Lukla (2850m):
The trek continues further downhill as we reach Lukla after almost seven hours of trek. We will be staying in Lukla for the rest of the day and prepare ourselves to board a flight back to Kathmandu the next day.
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu:
It takes 30minutes of scenic flight to take us back to Kathmandu. Once we arrive at the airport, we will drive through the busy streets of Kathmandu to reach to the hotel where we will stay overnight.
Day 18: Free day in Kathmandu:
It is taken as the free day. You can either explore around or go shopping in tourist destinations like the freak streets of Thamel. Evening is the perfect time to take a rickshaw ride around Thamel.
Day 19: Departure:
Our staff will assist in your last moment preparation. You will then be taken back to Tribhuvan International Airport. You will then board a flight which will take you to your next destination. We would like to see you again soon in future. Safe Journey!!!
- Private Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board mealswhile trekking (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) entire Island peak climbing.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook while on Island peak expedition.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Accommodation in teahouse or lodge while on Island peak Everest base camp trekking.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on the island peak climbing.
- Nepali welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary to start the Island peak trek.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Island Peak climbing expeditions Permit Royalty and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at base camp.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: climbing boot, down filled mattress, Black diamond crampons, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer, helmet, climbing rope etc.
- We provide all camping gear including - tents for member, dining tent with table and backrest chair, Kitchen tent with utensils, staff, porter and toilet tents on whole trip.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip.
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Island peak climbing trip map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Island peak climbing.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment on Island peak Everest base camp trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket, gortex trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary trip duffle bag and Mountain Monarch Island peak climbing T-shirts.
- Island Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- Trekking permit, Everest National park entry fees requried for the Island peak expedition.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare to Kathmandu for the Island peak trip.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephome, beverage drinks etc.