Dhaulagiri Circuit Trekking
20 days an all, 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu, 2 Nights in Pokhara, drive or fly to Pokhara with senic views, Pokhara City, Kathmandu Sightseeing, Annapurna base camp, Poon Hill
Dhaulagiri Round Trek is the most popular trekking package in the Dhaulagiri Region of Nepal. This site is one of the most preferred destinations for trekking. Past trekkers have enjoyed this trek and have admired to leave positive reviews behind.
This trek is a long and challenging one. It is categorized under strenuous group. The Dhaulagiri Round Trek takes you all over the Dhaulagiri Region and finally to the Dhaulagiri [8,167m] Base Camp site. It is the world’s seventh highest peak in the world.
As to begin this trip, we drive towards Beni through green landscapes following Myagdi Khola towards west to Darbang. From there we get a turn to the North following lowland forests and then climb elevations that take us towards higher altitudes. As soon as we cross a pass named French Col Pass [5,240m], we start walking through snow carpeted lands. Our trek continues and passes through another pass known as Dhamus pass. This point of the trek reads an altitude of 5,155 meters. The Dhaulagiri Round Trek ends as we descend towards Marpha. This place is very popular in producing liquor from fermented apples. After exploring the site, we return to Pokhara through the Ghorepani ridge.
Dhaulagiri Round Trek is least conquered by trekkers. This is because of remoteness and difficulties in crossing the passes. However, past trekkers have left positive reviews and have taken lifelong memories with them after the trek.
Supplier of services: ClimberCA Inernational Consortium. About Us
Quick reference phone: +99898 3039846 - telegram; +99897 7009846 - whatsapp/viber
Note: ClimberCA offers to you the best service & the firm prices of all kind of services we offer on our web-pages. Some services, which we offer to you, are truly unexampled.
Dhaulagiri Circuit(Round) trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264ft]
Upon arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be warmly greeted by our representatives. After completion of official formalities, we pick our luggage and head towards a 4 star category hotel where you will be transferred to stay overnight.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu sightseeing and trek preparations
You will be woken up with a morning call along with bed tea and breakfast. Today, we will enjoy sightseeing around Kathmandu the entire day including visits to some of the major places of the city such as Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudha and so on. These sites have been listed as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. We get back to our hotel in late evening and stay overnight
Day 03: Kathmandu – Beni [830m/2731ft]; 8 – 9 hours
Beni is 82 kilometres away from Pokhara. So, we can either fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and then further drive to Beni or directly drive from Kathmandu to Beni that takes 8 – 9 hours. Teahouse overnight
Day 04: Beni – Babichaur [1,000m/3,280ft]; 6 – 7 hours
This is the first day of our trekking phase. With an early breakfast, we make our move towards Babichaur which is the end point for today. We go through some of the beautiful places such as Mangalghat, Singa and Tatopani. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 05: Babichaur – Dharapani [1,565m/5,134ft]; 7 hours
The trail today, takes us through terraced hills, Shahashadhara village, Dudh Khola, Ratorunga village and then we ultimately reach Dharapani where we stay our night in our camp
Day 06: Dharapani – Muri [1,850m/6,068ft]; 6 – 7 hours
We take a steep climb today. With high hopes and expectations we continue our trek with full of enthusiasm. The viewpoint at the altitude of 1,850m, we gain clear views of Mt Dhaulagiri and some of the neighbouring mountain peaks. Camp overnight
Day 07: Muri – Boghara [2,050m/6,724ft]; 7- 8 hours
The path from this point is easier and takes us down below. Actually, there are a lot of ups and downs. Before reaching Boghara, we climb a steep path for a few hours and then descend down until Phedi. Again from Phedi we make a steep climb until Boghara. Camp overnight
Day 08: Boghara – Dovan [2,630m/8,626ft]; 6 hours
This day is quite difficult comparing to other trekking days. We need to use ropes in some of the strenuous sections. The trail takes us down to a small ridge and then to Jyardan. From here, we need to cross a rocky part in order to get to the other side in Dovan. Camp overnight
Day 09: Dovan - Italian Base camp [3,500m/11,480ft]; 6 – 7 hours
Today we reach the Italian Base Camp. We make our camp in front of the western body of Dhaulagiri. Going through beautiful forests, we continuously gain altitude. Camp overnight
Day 10: Acclimatization day in Italian Base Camp
We spend this valuable day with rest. Acclimatization is very important in certain intervals of days. This idea prevents us from getting victimized by Acute Altitude Sickness that can cause serious problems to our health.
Day 11: Italian Base Camp – Glacier Camp [4,250m/13,940ft]; 5 hours
This is one of the most strenuous part. We need to use our ropes technically and overcome the challenges. Passing through frozen glaciers we arrive in the Glacier Camp
Day 12: Glacier Camp – Dhaulagiri Base Camp [4,650m/15,252ft]; 4 hours
We keep an eye on our safety and make Dhaulagiri Base Camp our destination for today. We need to climb up steep and walk through icy glaciers
Day 13: Acclimatization Day in Dhaulagiri Base Camp
We stay in Dhaulagiri Base Camp for acclimatization. We have already the idea of why acclimatization is so important for us throughout this journey
Day 14: Dhaulagiri Base Camp – French Col; 4 hours
The trekking region will examine our trekking skills today. With challenging and strenuous trail, we still make our move with strong determination. We reach the French Col to stay overnight in our camp
Day 15: French Col – Hidden Valley Camp 5,000m/16,400ft]
The day takes us to another camp known as the Hidden Valley Camp. This camp in the hidden valley will provide us accommodation for tonight. We also explore the surrounding atmosphere to its advantage
Day 16: Hidden Valley - Yak Kharka [4,200m/13,776ft]; 6 hours
After passing the glorious Dhampus Pass [5,200m], we go through avalanche prone areas after then. The steep slope downwards will directly take us to Yak Kharka. Camp or teahouse overnight
Day 17: Yak Kharka – Jomsom [2,715m/8,910ft]; 7 – 8 hours
One of the most beautiful places of the country; Jomsom, is just 8 hours away from us. With curiosity, we trek as fast as possible. Upon arrival we explore around this enduring village and try to find out the hidden treasures there. Teahouse overnight
Day 18: Jomsom – Pokhara
We fly from Jomsom to Pokhara today. This short scenic flight offers you views of some of the glorious mountain peaks of the Annapurna Region through bird’s eye view. Upon arrival in Pokhara, it’s best to explore around some of the major sites of the city such as Lake Site and Sarangkot. Hotel overnight
Day 19: Pokhara – Kathmandu
We travel all the way to Kathmandu today. We can either take a flight that takes 35 minutes or travel by a bus that takes 6 hours to reach. Hotel overnight
Day 20: Free day in Kathmandu
You will be offered with a leisure day in the Kathmandu city this day. You can either go for a short sightseeing tour around the city or even do shopping as per your interest. We get back to our hotel in the late evening and enjoy a cultural show along with a farewell dinner in our hotel.
Day 21: Final Departure
With unforgettable memories taken, we declare an end to our beautiful holiday in Nepal. Our representatives will escort you to the airport before 3 hours of scheduled flight time.
Starts from: Contact Us
Why trip price is different?
Following are the determinants for the price
Accomodations in Kathmandu and other cities
Mode of Transportation (car/van/bus/flights)
Number of crews(Guides & porters, Sherpas, Cook(s))
Note: The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
You will get best price after your inquiry. We know about value of money and world economy, so fell free to share your tentative budget for this trip so we can mention and compromise with price, this is standard price for trip if you have low budget we can run even cheap and if you wise to pay more and need extra deluxe service we will do that.
- Airport pick & drop off service by Private Vehicle
- Welcome or fare well dinner in typical Nepali restaurant with traditional musical show.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu as per Itineary
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara
- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing with English speaking license holder’s tour guide
- Comprehensive pre-departure information/meeting.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the tre, (Generally we will provide you 3 cop of tea )
- Accommodation in lodges, guesthouses on twin sharing basis during the trek (We will try to provide you Attach bathroom room as well as available)
- Trekking guides and porters (Porter can carry up to 20kg )
- Guide airfare (if applicable)
- Ground road transportation as per itinerary if applicable (Private Car , Bus ,Van extra)
- Arrangements for food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Travel insurance for Nepali staff. While trekking period
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit for National park & Conservation
- Trekking information management system ( TIMS ), New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist, (This is for your safety)
- Seasonal fresh fruits like (orange, apple, banana, mango and grape and other Nepali local fruits etc)
- All Paper work and Administration and registration charge.
- All Government, Vat, Service charge, and taxes are included.
- Meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Airfare domestic ( Kathmandu - Pokhara flights ) and international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Airport tax required for the Domestic / International flights
- All alcoholic drinks, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet
- Personal trekking equipment, medical and travel insurance
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/Monument
- Any extra transportation except itinerary (we can arrange if request)
- Any kind of personal expenses / Helicopter rescue due to cause of out of our control.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like (if you can not walk properly our guide will arrange you horse, to came back, if applicable this you have t o pay them directly
- Tips to staff